DIY Back To The Future Halloween Costumes
Back To The Future Costume
Back to the Future is one of our favorite movies of all time. These Back To The Future Halloween costumes make a perfect couple’s costume too. Although you can find most of these items online, our favorite place to go when looking for a Halloween costume is the thrift store. We have a huge Salvation Army store nearby and it is the best place to find items for your Halloween costumes for the best prices. Our store organizes all of the items by color, which makes it super easy to find the different pieces you’re looking for. Make sure you check both the mens and women’s sections for your items. If you can’t find all of your items at the thrift store, we’ve found them at a few different places. Remember that the pieces don’t have to be exact. Get creative with what you have or what you can find. Print out a picture of the costume you’re trying to create or save a screenshot on your phone. It makes it a million times easier when you’re out searching.
Marty McFly Costume
- Men’s Red Tshirt – Old Navy, Walmart Target Start off with a red t-shirt
- Men’s Plaid Shirt – Any white with blue plaid shirt will work. The thrift stores might have some great, cheap options too.
- Mens Jeans – Any jeans will work, his seem to be more of a relaxed fit
- Men’s Jean Jacket – You could also look for one of these at the thrift store.
- Mens Red Puffer Vest
- Headphones Dollar Tree Walmart
Doc Brown Costume
- White coveralls – you might also be able to find a set of painting coveralls at the home improvement store.
- Yellow Gloves – Dollar Tree – he isn’t wearing these in the photo and totally optional but it’s a cheap easy addition to seal the deal
- Metal Binder Clips For Front Pocket – Amazon He clips one of these to the pocket of his coveralls. If your coveralls don’t have a pocket you could cut a little slit at pocket height and clip on the binder clip. Again this is one of those elements of the costume that you could easily leave off if you wanted to.
- Black Adhesive Vinyl for Hazmat Signs on back of coveralls and on gloves – Michaels Craft Store. Use the attached pdf for a guide.
- Hazmat signs – Print out and cut out of your adhesive vinyl to use on the back of your coveralls. You could also just cut out the print out and glue onto the back of back of your coveralls. The two mini hazmat signs are to use on the front wrist of your yellow gloves
- Mad Scientist Wig – Available at most party stores or on Amazon or This option also on Amazon
- Tool Belt – Amazon Walmart You could add some tools from around the house or from the dollar store
- Safety Goggles
- Stopwatch to wear around your neck – Amazon
- Natural Waffle Shirt – Amazon
- Orange Duct Tape For Details on Coveralls – Amazon or Walmart His costume has some orange details around pocket and the legs. You can cut strips of duct tape to add those details to your costume.
- Brown Work Boots – Walmart Again you absolutely don’t need these to complete the costume any shoes will do
Make sure to check out some of our other DIY Halloween costumes like Ferris Bueller & Sloane Halloween Costumes , DIY Dora The Explorer Halloween Costume, DIY Billie Eilish Halloween Costumes, DIY Pretty Woman Halloween Costume.