We are sharing our not-so-guilty summer skinny-ish margaritas … or… any time of the year skinny-ish margaritas 🙂 We tested out a bunch of variations of this recipe and have found our favorite.
Ingredients – Serves 2
– 4 oz tequila
– 1 oz 100% orange juice
– 2 Tbsp light agave nectar
– 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice – around 4-5 limes
– 3 oz cold water
– Sea Salt to coat the glass rims
– Cocktail shaker – you don’t need one, but it looks a lot cooler than using a swizzle stick to mix the drinks.
– Citrus juicer – we used this one and loved it KitchenAid No-Mess No-Stress Citrus Squeezer.
Let’s get started !!!
Sprinkle sea salt on a small flat plate or cutting board. Rub the rim of the glasses with a slice of lime then press the glass into the salt on the plate until it’s coated with salt. Set glasses aside.
Roll your limes on a cutting board with your palm. This helps maximize the amount of juice you extract from each lime.
Squeeze the limes and add the juice into a measuring cup until you have 4 oz. Add the lime juice to your cocktail shaker.
Pop open that Patron, or your tequila of choice, and measure out 4 oz, then add to your cocktail shaker.
Grab 3 oz of ice cold water and add it to the mix.
Measure out 1 oz of orange juice and add it to the cocktail shaker.
Add 2 Tbsp of light agave syrup to your cocktail shaker.
Throw in a few ice cubes to get this party started.
Shake in the cocktail shaker for about 5 seconds then strain the mix out equally into the two glasses.